Kojima, Sony Partner for Exclusive Franchise

22 Dec 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »

‘Metal Gear Solid’ Creator Inks Game Deal with PS4.

Hideo Kojima — best known for creating the Metal Gear series — has left Konami and started his own video-game production company in Kojima Productions. “I’m excited to tell you that the first title from this new studio is a collaboration with PlayStation,” Kojima says via translation in the video. “I’m thrilled to embark on creating a new franchise with PlayStation that will give you all a new and innovative gaming experience so please stay tuned.” Sony has entered into a partnership with Hideo Kojima, creator of Konami’s wildly popular game franchise Metal Gear Solid, to create new games for PlayStation consoles.

Hideo Kojima is to form a new studio and create an exclusive game for Sony’s PlayStation 4, bringing to an end months of mystery about what he was up to. Games studio Konami terminated its contract with Kojima as of December 15, the creator said via Twitter on Wednesday, and has established his own company, Kojima Productions.

There was no timeline for the next release or even what the game would be about, but Kojima said in a separate release that he “cannot wait to deliver … a game that will become a compelling franchise.” When big game franchises or creators sign exclusive deals with console makers, it is often seen as a big coup with companies hoping to boost sales of devices. Sony Computer Entertainment has announced that Kojima’s newly formed Kojima Productions, the same name of Kojima’s former studio, will develop its first game exclusively for the PlayStation 4.

Kojima clarified on his Twitter account that his contract with Konami had been officially terminated as of Dec. 15, following months of uncertainty about just where Kojima and Konami stood professionally, particularly after Konami began erasing Kojima’s name from art associated with his games. Rumblings about the demise of Kojima’s relationship with Konami, however, really got started when The New Yorker reported that he had left the company. Simon Parkin, the journalist who published the report, posted an image on Twitter of a party that he claims was held at Konami’s offices for Kojima’s exit. Kojima and Sony Computer Entertainment’s Andrew House made the announcement of the exclusive partnership with the independent Kojima Productions in a new video.

The creator was removed from Konami’s website for the game in March, and later this year cancelled a game called Silent Hills that Mr Kojima was working on with Guillermo del Torro. It is reasonable to assume, however, that Sony and Kojima will divulge more information in 2016—probably during events like E3 and PlayStation Experience.

Here you can write a commentary on the recording "Kojima, Sony Partner for Exclusive Franchise".

* Required fields
Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

ICQ: 423360519

About this site